27.4.10

breathing tube.













Bhel puri again yesterday, along with a rasa vada on the left. This time I was at Sagar in the West End, and...it was good, but not as close to my Atlanta memories as Diwana from Saturday. Another good South Indian lunch, though, and under £10.

Below: sign outside a pub in Brixton, which I did not venture inside. In fact, I had a pub-free day yesterday. I know, amazing.























After Brixton, I had a couple of hours to kill, so I got off the tube in Islington with no map and no clear plan. And then walked in almost the right direction for about 2.5 hours. Which was mostly pleasant, except for the last 45 minutes or so during which my feet nearly went on a transport strike.

I did see the most visually-appealing McDonalds ever:





















+++

Tonight, dinner at St. John Bread and Wine with the birthdayish girl and her manly man. The menu looks veddy iiiiinteresting, boss.

+++

2 comments:

Zora said...

I'll be interested to hear what you think of St. John. I ate in the main resto once, and I thought it was not All That. But I didn't really order right (the waitress should've steered me away from two things prepared in exactly the same way). And I was super jet-lagged. And I resented them for having such monstrous and unappealing desserts. The best part of the meal was that the guys sitting next to me gave me their last langoustine, because they didn't want to fight over it. I wanted to go back and try Bread & Wine, just to give it all another chance...

MEM said...

Our desserts were pretty unappealing as well, and yes, we did order a couple too many things prepared in a similar fashion (the ox and the ham)...

A bigger problem was that they were out of two of the things I'd been hoping to try (snails and kale, and some cauliflower thing). And in general the menu wasn't as adventurous as I'd hoped. More on this in the review post...