20.4.12

nothing to report, volume VIX.




Hello there. I went to a mall today. It reminded me of Milan and Berlin, I guess cause those are the last places I went to the mall (for theatrical reasons!!!). An important difference would be that the gorgeous-looking food at yesterday's mall would have tasted like the food equivalent of an Ikea computer, I could tell without tasting it. I did taste the coffee, and it was crap.

+++

Lots of Indian food being made here. By me. It's...still good but yeah ok maybe not something for every day as in my original pipe dream.

Today we went to COBRA as projected, to catch Paul Klee's childhood drawings.



OK that's not actually one. Some schoolkids of various ages also had their artwork hanging in the foyer.

Actually somehow we ended up not taking a picture of any of Klee's childhood drawings. They were semi-fascinating, but the adult ones were, yeah, better, which is good I guess.





+++

saag paneer.

750g frozen spinach
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 large onion, chopped
thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced into long julienne
1½ tbsp chopped garlic
1-2 green chiles, whole
2 tsp ground coriander
salt, to taste

250g paneer, cut into cubes
1 tsp garam masala
6 tbsp whole milk, or 4 tbsp double cream
1-2 tsp lemon juice, or to taste

+++

No comments: