8.8.10

commence research period.


Yis, you are clicking here to view in ze ol' Google Maps.

Maybe I haven't mentioned this: in two weeks we're going to Sardinia for a week of beaching and eating and, yes, even drinking. Andy and Valentina have done a lot of research already, but I am suddenly confronted with the fact that, even at my ripe old age, I am still not comfortable going somewhere interesting without doing my own research.

So, here comes some.

+++

In other news, stevia is not sugar. Or even remotely sugar-like. It's so different from sugar that it doesn't even come close to satisfying my cravings for something sweet.

I mean, it is a kind of sweet, but there is something distinct about the way it interacts with your tongue, like the wrong taste buds are firing or something. Mara made some coconut macaroons with stevia today, and, yes, they were pretty good for sugarless cookies, I guess, but...you'd never mistake them for normal human cookies.

+++

TONIGHT: maybe start some fish with miso a-marinatin'.

+++

Do we really need any more tuna recipes on this site? Not if they're basically the same old recipe again plus or minus a few ingredients. And yet:

+++

tuna, celery, green apple.

1 can Spanish tuna in oil, drained
1/4 cup sweet onion
1 celery stalk
1/2 Granny Smith apple
1 tbsp EVOO
2 tbsp apple vinegar
freshly ground black pepper
salt to taste



+++

No comments: