10.8.10

almond joy.














We toasted a lot of almonds tonight.

I went on a bit of a shopping spree today. I guess I finally cracked due to lack of sugar and alcohol. That's the bad news. The good news is that my cracking didn't involve either sugar or alcohol. And several people have asked me what I'm doing to myself because I look healthy-ish.

Maybe I even believe them. I'll believe "healthy but tired". I'm not really sleeping enough. Luckily I cancelled my Sept 1st OT301 solo gig, so I have zero brainpower-requiring things to accomplish this month, what a smart man I seem to be when allowed to cancel things in an unfettered manner.

+++

So today I bought, among other things: a frozen duck; miso; sake; mint; 500 almonds; lots of fresh dates; and a bag of chestnut flour from the Maroc because it was surprisingly cheap.

But what the fuck am I going to do with chestnut flour. Castagnaccio (recipe here)? I didn't love it when we lived in Siena, and believe me I tried because in autumn it was everywhere. But I am a bit desperate for a bread-like substance at the moment, so a small batch may be attempted.

+++

Oh right. Here's a very informative article/interview about flaxseed.

+++

No comments: