2.8.11

surströmming.

















Above, a sadly typical scene from The Life Of VDuck July 2011. Much-needed detox in progress.

+++

I leave for Sweden on Friday, which is turning out to be one of the least-planned trips I've ever taken. Part of it is that I need a break I think, so I've got almost zero interest in trying to fill my days with activity. And I'm staying with locals, so I don't have to figure out how to do anything before I get there.

Nope, my goals are pretty simple: I want to go to a nice grocery store and fill my pockets with Swedish kaviar and beyond that I'm not too sure.

I am very lazily keeping an informal list of other things I might want to put in my pockets. Watch this space.

+++
"A Japanese study has shown that the smell of a newly opened can of surströmming is the most putrid smell of food in the world, beating similar fermented fish dishes such as the Korean Hongeohoe or Japanese Kusaya (Wikipedia)."
The opportunity will present itself by the weekend for sure. The question is: will I or won't I try it?

+++

No comments: