5.8.11

detour.

Before we go full-bore Nordic, I need to mention last night's dinner.

This is something that the lovely and talented HBFstone has been making kind of regularly, and when she first told me about it I thought it didn't make any sense at all.

But since I trust the tiny commander's tongue and the taste buds thereon, I remained open-minded. Then she made it for the Mara, who said it was most excellent and certainly bore repeating.  

And last night, the Mara made it for the Me. Before I go any further, let me tell you what it is: it's an open-faced tempeh sandwich from a place called Angelica Kitchen in NYC. Their menu describes it as follows: "Slices of sourdough baguette topped with lightly marinated & baked tempeh, napped with savory mushroom gravy. Served on a bed of raw spinach, garnished with ruby kraut. With a scoop of mashed potatoes." Further cooking notes here.

+++

No comments: