9.11.07

up in my grill.

















Finally. I have my very own copy of Cradle of Flavor in my hot little hands. One of the things I imagined doing when I was here was grilling constantly, and in most of these imaginary cases I was making Indonesian food.

I have been grilling often, and even better, at odd hours. I was grilling andouille sausages yesterday at 6:30am, as the sun rose, which was beautiful in a number of ways, and I would've taken pictures of the event but the camera batteries were dead...

+++

But back to Cradle of Flavor. Here is the eGullet thread wherein ultrageeky people like me cook recipes out of this book and photograph the results. I didn't really have time or energy to pull off anything grand, so my first Cradle of Flavor recipe turns out to be something that this site has seen me make before: Garlic-Marinated Tempeh.

Well, in my previous versions I didn't marinate the tempeh. And....I'm not really sure that marinating it made any difference at all. The recipe specified 15 minutes I think, I did it for 30 minutes, but...next time I'll try a couple hours or so.




No comments: