22.12.08

unicamente mexicano.























Welcome to yet another hastily scribbled entry in the Xmas Diary 2008. We're just constantly running around like crazy and singlehandedly keeping the American economy afloat as far as I can tell. 

So, yesterday. That green chile pork I made the other day? I ended up using it as the filling for enchiladas today because we needed something easy for dinner. Here's some of the recipe for the pork. 

+++

green chile pork.

3 lbs pork shoulder, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch cubes
3 tbsp peanut oil
6 cloves garlic
6 to 10 Hatch green chiles, roasted and peeled (I used 1.5 cups of frozen roasted and peeled green chile flesh)
1 1/2 lbs canned tomatillos, drained
1 bunch of cilantro, stems removed
juice of one lime

More instructions later. 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks so good. Tomatillos are absolutely not to be found here and I really miss them.

MEM said...

Tell me about it. And these chiles were the real deal from New Mexico...this was very easy to do and totally perfect.