12.3.12

quash.























Last night of studying.

But since I can't motivate myself to talk about that at all, let's talk about dinner. Mara's making a puttanesca version of the ol' polpetti di tuna, and I'm experimenting with some kind of roasted squash salad. Things I know I want to include are: roasted squash; gorgonzola; toasted pumpkinseeds; roasted pumpkinseed oil; maple syrup. I obviously need an acidic element and some other textural thing. Cider vinegar? Arugula?

+++

spiced pumpkinseeds.

100gr raw pumpkinseeds (the green kind)
1 or 2 tbsp olive oil
salt to taste
garam masala or other spice blend to taste

In a bowl, coat seeds with oil, salt, and spices. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast at 175C for 10-12 minutes. Let cool and eat.

No comments: