18.11.09

superfreaky, yow.



Wednesday, 1:12AM. After an unusually satisfying evening of Available Jelly, I necessarily stepped into the role of post-drinking, pre-bedtime cook for J-Kim and the Mara (pasta with tomato, butter, garlic, pecorino). I myself? Still not drinking.

After we put J-Kim on a bike pointed in the general direction of his house, Mara fired up Rick James' legendary ode to adventurous women for a brief Dance Moment, and I realized that I had no idea what Mr. James was saying during my favorite vocal portion of the song, so I Googled it, and what it is, is: "Three's not a crowd to her she says." Kind of disappointing, considering the rest of the song's quotability quotient.

+++

Mara assembled something very collegiate yet very delicious just now (and by collegiate I mean something munchies-derived made from existing pantry items), something for which I wish we could keep the supplies around all the time. But it's so good and so easily made on the barest of impulses that I don't think it's safe for us to have the raw materials within grabbing distance. Maybe everyone else already knows about this kind of thing, but Mara's such a dessertmaking fool that we very rarely resort to quick and dirty solutions like this. You can get all of ze supplies at the Dirk.

+++

cherry, cream cheese, biscuit.

Take 1 Pally Country Biscuit (for you Europeans, this is a sweeter-than-average digestive biscuit; for Yanks this is something Nilla wafer- or graham crackerish but considerably less sweet).
Spread a reasonable layer of Philadelphia Cream Cheese on it.
Finish with a tablespoon of Jonker Fris cherry pie filling on top (I bet guava jelly would be awesome as well)
This is essentially a cheesecake, made in less than 30 seconds.
Repeat as necessary.

+++

No comments: