14.11.09

push the button.

















I'm dealing with a FAILBlog addiction. Please hold on.

Speaking of addiction, what is it with cats and boxes? They can't help themselves. I'd love to be able to talk to the cats for a few minutes about this.

+++

Mmm. Needed to make a simple dinner for 3 tonight: simple 'cause I knew I wouldn't have much time to prep, or much available attention span to cook with, so I decided to do mussels alla Diavola, or fra Diavolo, or whatever grammatically-questionable Italianesque name you want to use for "mussels in a spicy tomato sauce over pasta."

Except the pasta was nixed at the last moment in order to leave stomach room for more mussels, which I now know was actually a bit of a mistake: sure, they were fine by themselves with bread, but this recipe really needs pasta to counterbalance the sharpness of the sauce.

Last time I made it (which I was sure I wrote about here but cannot currently locate the post), it was pretty perfect. I think I even used cheese. Remind me to get to the bottom of that whole Italians/cheese/seafood thing. Anyway, for my own future reference, here's the recipe I use.

+++

What I didn't make for dinner was going to be pretty awesome I think. That smoked kale business, with the mushrooms and the pistachio pistou thing, and that corn pudding I was stalking. And maybe a little fried catfish. I just didn't have time. De volgende keer...

No comments: