11.11.09

baby laugh-a-lot.


















Hey, Mara's "potentially life-threatening muscle disorder" from 2001 is in the news today. I understand why they're doing it, but downplaying the connection between GBS and the immunization seems a bit, oh I don't know, disingenuous to me, GBS being as rare as it is.

But, yes, on the other hand, Mara contracted it on her own without being immunized, so, eh...what am I saying. I'm saying I can't believe that in 1976, 25 people died from GBS as a result of swine flu vaccinations. And I'm glad Mara didn't meet a similar fate in 2001. Otherwise, she wouldn't be able to say cute things like, "Depth charges are cool," as she just did. Also? Gradually ascending paralysis would be a pretty shitty way to die.

+++

Speaking of shitty ways to die, here's another morbid little article about prisoners' last meals.

+++

I'm enjoying my tenth alcohol-free day in a row. Note to self: you feel better, don't you? Now if I could just stop eating I'd be all set.

+++

2 comments:

Klary Koopmans said...

hey! my books!!

MEM said...

Just seeing if you're still paying attention....