20.5.13

yawni.























Damn, I know I've mentioned these beans several times out here before, usually in the context of something like "Andy makes some awesome green beans", and then I go on and make whatever version I end up making which is not these.

And the reason why is: every time I've ever wanted to make Andy's version, he's not been around to tell me how to do it. And in that respect this time is no different, in fact it's even more so no different, I guess you'd call that "even less different", but critically one of the respects in which this time is in fact quite different would be: I successfully re-created the legendary beans all by my oneself. I had witnesses here to verify the exaction of my incisiveness.

Yes that's a cat hair on the jar lid. I promise there's none inside the jar and also probably not in the beans.

+++

roasted runner beans with thai bean paste (nam prik pow) or sambal.

2 tbsp coconut oil
4 shallots, sliced
400g runner beans, cut into thirds
2 tbsp Thai chile/soybean paste (nam prik pow) or Indonesian sambal badjak
salt to taste, this will depend on your sambal

Oven at 150°C*, melt the oil for a minute or two, then throw everything else in there and mix it around until everything's coated with everything else. Bake uncovered for 45-60 minutes, turning every 15 or 20. Adjust seasoning and serve warm or at room temperature.

* More like 210°C or 215°C, at least 200°C. But our oven only goes to 150°C before shutting off.

+++

No comments: