29.11.08

highlights.












Lots to catch up on: a room-clearing brawl during my gig Thursday and the rare opportunity to outperform a Personal Rock God in Scrabble topping the list (for once, that is not a huge pile of cocaine next to him. I'm kidding. I mean, it's not cocaine).

+++

The worst thing about the fight is that I have it on "tape" because we were recording the show. And now I don't really want to listen to it, because we're playing quietly enough to where you can hear the fight coming, and it was uncomfortable enough the first time. Ironically, the set had been dedicated at the outset to victims of violence in Mumbai and everywhere else (the subject matter for the evening was heavily Indian-influenced).

+++

As for Thanksgiving, it was a pretty good hang. Foodwise, the best thing I ate? Turkey. Mara's vegetarian stuffing and gravy were great, but we somehow fucked up the peach crumble...too much crumble, not enough peach. Yesterday, I ate all of the peaches out of the leftovers, and there's like a cinder block's worth of rock-hard crumble left behind. Certainly it would be useful as something else, because it's just butter, sugar, flour, and cinnamon. But maybe it's time to move on.

+++

No comments: