4.4.07

on the road, day 7: montpellier to bourges.
















So. this might not look like much, but this is the creature that came between me and a promising night of much-needed sleep. It's, against all odds, really...a rooster, just outside my fucking window. Doesn't this seem like a flagrant, obvious conflict, the rooster vs. the sleeping person? And this rooster taught me an important rooster fact that I was unaware of: they do not just do their "cock-a-doodle-do" thing at dawn, although they certainly do it then. No, they pretty much do it all fucking morning, or until somebody climbs out of their hotel window, walks the 20m to where they are crowing, and chokes the life out of them.

Which...I did not do, unfortunately. But the Montpellier Chicken Alarm Clock put a damper on my day. We had a long drive today, so we met at 10:30 and hit the road. I'm having a hard time remembering what I ate on the road this day. This could've been rubbery petrol fish day. I'll finish this post when it comes back to me.














































































Tonight was the only other night on the tour where love was really in the air. After Vanessa took off her dress and threw it on the ground in front of the merch stand, the pheromones must have started some sort of chain reaction in the air...we got out of there just in time.

Our rooms for the night were in a sort of dorm apartment thing...nice beds, but two to a room. I got Andy, who suffered through a night of my sinus breakdown in progress.

+++

Breakfast looked like this:

No comments: