15.2.13

rollin', rollin', rollin'.














I am on the proverbial roll in the kitchen, but I will only bore you with the details of Wednesday's effort: Italian sausage and peppers. It's something I've always loved but never made, and now that I've done it I know I'll be doing it again reeeeeely soon, probably without the sausage though since it is Health Kick Time up in this bitch. I ripped this recipe off from Michael Chiarello pretty much verbatim, and the balsamic vinegar makes all the difference in the worl'.

+++

sausage and peppers.

3 or 4 cups cherry tomatoes
6 red, yellow, or orange bell peppers, julienned
6 yellow onions, sliced
4 green chile peppers, seeded and cut in strips
10 garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup to 1 cup freshly chopped basil leaves

Toss everything except basil with oil and vinegar, cook at 325F for 90 minutes or so, stirring every 20 minutes. Throw the basil in at the end.

+++

No comments: