29.12.09

let the right one in.













Let me tell you something: I'm filming my next atmospheric horror classic in Antwerpen. I don't know if it's always this way, but when we were there, there was no one on the streets outside of the revelry-filled Grote Markt, and once you were two streets away from the festivities, it seemed that everything was suddenly bathed in a not very revealing and rather unfestive shade of halogen.























Which I personally like. Usually. But this was just spooky.























What is up with Blogger all of the sudden? I'm having to stick extra sentences everywhere to get my photos to align naturally.






















Like between every photo.












OK, here you can't really see it, but in the very center of this picture is a couple of snowmen huddled together for warmth. At least we think they were snowmen.











And here's another picture of the abandoned little square where we scared ourselves because it looked so much like the playground from Let The Right One In.

By the way, IF YOU'VE ALREADY SEEN THE FILM, you may want to read this article about the English subtitles. Looks like the current US DVD version has lost a little something in translation (I saw the theatrical release myself)...



No comments: