11.7.07

ageist.











I am now offically old: I really truly like prunes more all the time. This morning I made "real" (as in not instant) oatmeal with maple syrup, pistachios, cinnamon, a little nutmeg, and yes, prunes. And the prunes were my favorite part. After Thursday's gig, I'll include pictures, charts, graphs, etc. to follow, documenting every aspect of my ancientness.

+++

LYSN: 12 July, 21:30, OT301

A concert of psychedelic drone music influenced by Angelo Badalamenti, Cluster, Gil Evans, Electric Wizard, Matmos, George Russell, Public Image Limited, Slug, Spacemen 3, Velvet Underground. LYSN is a band with a continuously changing line up started by Hilary Jeffery. The musicians play a wide range of acoustic, hybrid and electronic instruments, improvising and interpreting graphical scores to create powerful new music.

Eric Boeren - trumpet
Alfredo Genovesi - guitar + electronics
Franz Hautzinger - trumpet
Ulrike Helmholz - voice + electronics
Gerri Jager - drums
Hilary Jeffery - trombone / tromboscillator
David Kweksilber - bass saxophone + clarinet
Ralf Meinz - electronics
Mark Morse - guitar + sampler

+++

No comments: