29.11.17

vegan ginger blondies.

Made these today because the recipe showed up in my sidebar and my mind flashed to the literally 9 not-quite-finished jars of nut butter in the cupboard. Plus there was a thing of chickpeas in the pantry. I wish I could taste these without knowing what was in them, I really don't think I'd ever guess what the main ingredient was. Plus, no dairy, no oil, weird, just a disorienting bit of kitchen alchemy. I personally think you could put a nut on top though. Anyway. Original here.

+++

ginger blondies.

1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
½ cup nut butter (e.g., almond, peanut or cashew)
⅓ cup molasses (I used Dutch pannenkoekstroop, funny that I now type 15-letter words without thinking twice about it, which is very molasses-like, but I think date syrup would potentially be great too)
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground allspice
⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon fine sea salt

Process til totally smooth. Pour into a cake pan or some other vessel lined with baking paper. Bake for 35 minutes at 170C.

+++

No comments: