22.7.06

kitty melt.















This is basically a picture of my apartment, except that instead of clocks draped over everything in a state of gooey uselessness, I've got cats. The kitties have been too hot to do anything all week, so they just sleep in hilarious positions until that gets boring then they see if maybe now there's some interesting food in the bowl, which there still isn't, and then they meow once at me to complain about how frigging boring it is around here and then they go off in search of the next nap.

+++

I'm been on a bit of a cooking tear since recovering from Nickelsdorf, and most of it has been Middle Eastern in some way. This shows no sign of abating, so in acknowledgement of the events of the past two weeks, I think I'll be making a "Why Can't We All Just Get Along" dinner for Sunday night, featuring Borani-e Bademjan from Iran (a garlicky eggplant and yogurt dip with mint); Muhammara from Syria (walnut and pomegranate relish/dip); Libyan fish couscous; Fattoush from Lebanon (salad with tomatoes, cukes, and a sumac-flavored dressing); and something else Levantine, haven't figured it out yet. It sounds like a lot of food, but I'll only make 3 tbsp of each dish, it'll be fine (this is mostly sarcastic, but not completely).

+++

No comments: