17.7.09

fishering.












The title is referring to some MFK Fisher I'm reading, I thought I might have something intelligent to say about it, but apparently not yet.

So let's geek out. I made this yesterday for someone's birthday party (a party I was not attending). I made it because we had all of the ingredients already and The Birthday Party wanted just one more thing, just in case.

And: it's great. Especially cold, a day later, which is something I know only because the dish never actually made it to the party. Mebbe I post my adaptation of the recipe soon, mebbe as soon as we get around to introducing it to the grilled shrimp that (I think) it so desperately wants to be paired with. I mean, yes, lamb would be more obvious, but they have such cute faces.

+++

Photos: taken while biking down the Haarlemmerstraat on the way to the BIMhuis last night (above); my view from the terrace of the Star Ferry cafe below the BIM (below); De Wittenkade two days ago where the birthday party boat that my chickpeas didn't go to left from (bottom).

+++

Via MommyWire: my beloved Richardson's burned to the ground yesterday. Glad I went last time. And the time before. Looks like it was a completely avoidable fire as well, possibly caused by the application of flammable roofing materials in the heat of a typical Phoenix summer day (115°F/46°C).

+++



No comments: